17 April 2009

Bea Girl... my latest














My newest creation, Bea Girl (photo right) inspired by an older sculpture called Distant Beauty (photo, left), contains new elements that I haven’t attempted before. Using new techniques, I designed flowers in stainless steel with a flip-flop finish that give this piece a more three-dimensional look.

Like Distant Beauty, Bea features a woman’s face in stainless overlay on the cor-ten but with an updated whimsical hair style. This piece has cleaner lines than Distant Beauty that features a ‘softer face.’

This sculpture is making its premiere at the Four Bridges Art Festival in Chattanooga, TN this weekend.

Would love to hear your thoughts….

As always, thanks for checking out the Dale Rogers Studio blog. Ciao!

To receive an email when my blog is updated, go to www.google.com/alerts and enter keywords: “dale rogers” and “blog.”

No comments:

Post a Comment